For details of current events and training opportunities please see our training and events page.
Our previous events have included:
- HighLight Launch EventÂ | July 2011 | The King’s School Witney
Guest speakers included:
– Dr Dow Robinson – Education and Missions consultant, USA
– Director of HighLight -Â Mr David Freeman
and greetings from other visiting leaders
The formal launch of HighLight was followed by a tour of the newly refurbished Kingâ€™s school by the Principal – Mr JohnÂ Ellwood.
- The Teenage Challenge | April 2012Â | Henley-on-Thames
A day conference for those called to inspire young people.
- Summer HighLight Residential Training ConferenceÂ | July 2012 | The Malverns
AÂ residential 5-day course set in the Malvern Hills for those exploring how to develop a Christian ethos and approach in education.
Media from the conferenceÂ (Password needed)
- Inspire: Envisioning Christian teachers to be bold for the sake of the nationâ€™s children |Â May 2013 | Durham
Some comments from the day:
– Really very helpful.Â Inspiring vision with practical tips.Â Suited to Christian schools and Christians in schools, but also for anyone responsible for any kind of education: parents, managers, pastors, preachers.
– Great!Â I will definitely use this [Discipline Cycle]Â in dealing with my students, other peopleâ€™s students and staff on my team.
– Thank you for today.Â I found it really interesting.Â A lot to reflect on and some useful tips to put into practice.Â I particularly found the session on Wisdom in Behaviour Management useful.
– I found the day encouraging and thought-provoking.Â I found the Cycle of Discipline very helpful as a model.Â The ideas around the curriculum are not directly relevant to me, but give me food for thought which I think I can apply in other situations.
It was nice to hear examples about individual pupils and situations. There has been a lot to take away from the day.
- Early Years Seminar: Laying the Right Foundation | July 2013 | London
Tabernacle School, London hosted a day conference on the hottest day of the year!Â Delegates were heads, teachers and youth workers from the area.
HighLight director, David Freeman, addressed the challenge of our aims for young children including the interpretation of the Early Years legal requirement so that the right foundations are laid; including the spiritual dimension of children.Â Early Years leader, Joy Cartwright, from Emmanuel school, Derby, led the delegates through planning curriculum which will reflect the ethos of the school.Â All expressed that they were stimulatedÂ and equipped by the day.
- HighLight Conference | July 2013 | Dordrecht, Holland
More details here
- Unlocking Wisdom Day Conference |Â October 2014 | Henley-on-Thames
Launching HighLight’s new materials, this day conference helped teachers and those in school leadership explore what it means to unlock wisdom in education – in competence, character and curriculum.
- HighLight â€˜Unlocking Wisdomâ€™ Day Conference |Â April 2015 | Newcastle
Topics included â€˜Developing Distinctive Curriculumâ€™ and â€˜Effective teaching and learning methods in the Classroomâ€™.
- Unlocking WisdomÂ in Behaviour Management |Â September 2015 | Henley-on-Thames
Topics includedÂ developing strategies for resolving issues, maintaining discipline and training character andÂ supporting Children with Emotional Behaviour Difficulties
More details here
- Wisdom in Education | October 2016 | Inverness
Topics included a curriculum workshop on â€˜Wisdom in Curriculumâ€™ and sharing HighLight’s visionÂ for education.
- Wisdom in Character Education Day Conference | March 2018 | Eastleigh, nr Southampton
Topics included: HighLight Distinctive Character qualities, British Values, Mentoring Character, Character and Curriculum and Role model